Saturday, June 20, 2015

About me

My name is James and I started my investment journey since my university life. I was partly influenced by my dad who taught me investing my pocket money in stock market. I have spent long time searching for suitable investing method and I have tried to time the market (and i failed miserably), using charts, blindly rely on rumors, and etc. Finally I have come across one of the best investment gurus, Philip Fisher and this scuttlebutt investment method can be found in his book titled "Common Stock and Uncommon Profits".

Why scuttlebutt investment:

This method refers to finding investment opportunity or merits by engaging with people from the company as well as any stakeholder linking to the company. For instance, talking to the supplier could get a hint on whether is the company a good paymaster hence can understand their cash flow situation. Speaking to the staff could understand the company's culture and whether are the staff motivated to work for the company. Interviewing the customer could help us understand how reliable is the company's service as well as customer's experience. As long as customer is happy, with words of mouth, the company has a potential to grow.

Talking to the management can get some insight of how the company is being run as well as the future plan of the company.  Hence, as a retail shareholder, I believe attending AGM is one of the way to understand the company and the management. Attending AGM is also an avenue for investors to ask questions which is a form of scuttlebutt. This method is to educate ourselves before making any investment. Of course we also have to analyze through the financial aspects as well as other due diligent.

Going forward, I hope to share my experience and my findings related to stock market. Enjoy.

Please also like my facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/scuttlebuttinvesting

No comments:

Post a Comment